Spine Surgery: Knowing Its Different Types
We cannot deny the reality that some of us have to deal with different levels of back pain. There are some who suffer from menial pain while others from excruciating pain. The pain that have caused these individuals are attributed to some factors. Some of these individuals felt the pain also on their necks, legs as well as their lower back. Regardless of what these reasons might be, it definitely caused lots of inconvenience and discomfort to us. Are you among these individuals? In case you belong to this group of men and women, then you should undergo spine surgery. Should spine surgery caught your interest and you want to learn more about it, then be sure to continue reading this article.
Though, you can find many chemical-based medicines as well as options in treating pain, these are only temporary. For those who want to have permanent answer to the back pain they felt, then you should undergo spine surgery.
Attributes of Spine Surgery
Spine surgery is a medical term used in describing the surgical procedure carried out by spine surgeon on the spinal column of the patient aimed at correcting ailments and disorders like back pain. These days, there are different types of spine surgery carried out by spine surgeons and some of them are discussed below.
Unveiling the Diverse Types of Spine Surgery
1. One kind of spine surgery is discectomy. This is one surgical procedure that is carried out to remove a portion of the spinal disc that is located between every vertebrae. Herniated disc is the prime reason why patients undergo discectomy. This disc is removed to relieve nerve pressure.
2. Should you constantly felt headache, neck pain or arm pain, then the spine surgical procedure appropriate for you is foramenotomy. In here, the spine surgeon remove a small part of the spine bone that causes pain and nerve compression.
3. Laminectomy is another spinal surgery that is carried out to take out a portion of the patient’s vertebral bone. This particular surgery is performed to treat spinal-related conditions such as spondylolisthesis and spinal stenosis.
4. Patients can also opt for spine fusion. In this specific kind of procedure, spine surgeons like the vertebrae and the spine to eliminate the motion of the adjacent vertebra. It is another method of treating spondylolisthesis.
5. Disc replacement is another spine surgery carried out to treat certain kinds of back pain.
Before deciding to undergo any of these surgical procedure, be sure to hire only experienced, licensed, dependable and legit spine surgeon.
Attributed by: article